Thursday, December 11, 2008

Coconut Cake

I was sitting at home this weekend and there really was nothing to do…for a change…no chores, nothing! Suddenly I remembered all the coconuts lying in the house and I thought of trying out a new recipe. Now this is a cake I have designed myself. There is nothing fancy about it but I would suggest that you let it cool before digging in for best flavor.

Ingredients

1 cup maida

1 cup coconut, dessicated

1 tblsp baking powder

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup ghee

1 tblsp vanilla essence

Beat egg yplks, ghee and sugar together. Sieve maida and baking powder. In a bowl, mix in maida, baking powder, egg mixture. For pouring consistency, add a little milk. Add coconut powder and vanilla essence. Heat a cooker fro 5 mins. Grease a baking tin and pour the batter in it and bake for half an hour.

No comments: